RULES OF THE PORTAL AND THE EBHC SYMPOSIUM 2021
These regulations define the rules of using the Portal and the rules of participation in the 16th International Evidence-Based Health Care Symposium entitled “What has health care learning from COVID-19 pandemic?”, Which will be held from 4 to 5 October 2021 via the Portal.
The owner of the Portal and the organizer of the Symposium is the Central And Eastern European Society Of Technology Assessment In HealthCare , based in Krakow, ul. Starowiślna 17/3, 31-038 Kraków, entered into the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and independent public health care institutions of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków Śródmieście in Kraków, 11th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000170838, NIP: 6762246760.
The provisions of these Regulations do not exclude or limit the mandatory rights of the Consumer, as well as the rights of the Entrepreneur-Consumer. All doubts are explained in favor of the Consumer and the Entrepreneur-Consumer, and in the event of a conflict of the provisions of these Regulations with the mandatory provisions, the provisions in question shall apply, but the remaining provisions of the Regulations are still valid and remain in force.
Contact with the Organizer is possible at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone: +48 (12) 357 76 34.
§ 1. Definitions
For the purposes of these Regulations, the following terms are used:
- Contact form – an electronic service made available on the Portal that allows the User to send a message to the Organizer;
- Consumer – a User who is a natural person and concludes a contract for the provision of Electronic Services or uses Electronic Services for purposes not directly related to his business or professional activity;
- User Account – an electronic service available to Users after registration and logging in, enabling, inter alia, participation in the Symposium;
- Newsletter – an information newsletter sent by e-mail, used for communication with Users who subscribe to the Organizer’s mailing list;
- Organizer – Central And Eastern European Society Of Technology Assessment In Health Care based in Krakow, ul. Starowiślna 17/3, 31-038 Kraków, entered into the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and independent public health care facilities of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków Śródmieście in Kraków, 11th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000170838, NIP: 6762246760;
- Platform – a tool used for streaming the Symposium, enabling Users to participate online in the Symposium and for Users to undertake other activities specified in these Regulations as part of their participation in the Symposium, made available to the Organizer by an external provider;
- Entrepreneur – a natural person, legal person or an organizational unit that is not a legal person, conducting business or professional activity;
- Entrepreneur-Consumer – a natural person concluding an agreement with the Organizer directly related to its business activity, when the content of this agreement shows that it does not have a professional nature for that person, resulting in particular from the subject of its business activity, made available on the basis of the provisions on Central Register and Information on Economic Activity;
- Portal – website available at https://live.ceestahc.org/;
- Regulations – these regulations, available at https://live.ceestahc.org/;
- Platform Regulations – regulations available at: https://live.ceestahc.org/
- Website – website available at https://sympozjum.ceestahc.org/ ;
- Symposium – 16th International Evidence-Based Health Care Symposium Fri. “What has health care learnt from COVID-19 pandemic?” , organized by the Organizer, which will be held from 4 to 5 October 2021, via the Portal;
- Electronic services – services provided electronically by the Organizer via the Portal, in particular: User Account, Contact Form and Newsletter;
- Participant – a natural person participating in the Symposium;
- User – any person using the Portal, including a Symposium Participant;
§ 2. Introductory provisions
- The portal is run by the Organizer.
- The symposium is organized by the Organizer.
- To the extent not regulated in these Regulations, the provisions of the Platform Regulations shall apply.
§ 3. Symposium and rules of participation
- The symposium will be held from 4 to 5 October 2021. Several thematic sessions will be held as part of the Symposium. Detailed information about thematic sessions and speakers will be published on an ongoing basis on the Website and Portal.
- Participation in the Symposium is free of charge.
- Participation of the Participant in the Symposium is possible after registration of participation, on the terms described in these Regulations, and provided that the computer or other device of the User meets the technical conditions enabling participation in the Symposium.
- As part of participation in the Symposium via the Portal, the Participant will be entitled to:
- participate in online sessions,
- online access to conference materials,
- using simultaneous interpretation of the speeches (from Polish into English and from English into Polish) and the possibility of choosing the streaming version with or without translation,
- ask questions in the text chat,
- chatting with other Participants,
- video conversations with speakers and other Participants in themed rooms,
- access to session recordings.
- Registration of participation in the Symposium takes place online via the Platform, via the Portal.
- In order to register, after entering the Portal, the Participant clicks the “Register” button, after pressing which the registration form opens.
- The participant completes the registration form, providing his name, surname, e-mail address and telephone number, name of the company, institution or organization.
- The Participant sets his password for the User Account. The login to the User Account is the e-mail address provided by the Participant during registration.
- The participant sends the participation form to the Organizer by clicking the “Register” button at the bottom of the registration form.
- After registration, the Participant receives confirmation of registration for the Symposium to his e-mail address.
- Registration at the Symposium automatically creates a User Account.
- Registration is possible before and during the Symposium, but by registering during the Symposium, the Participant loses the opportunity to participate in the part of the Symposium that took place before registration.
- The participant cannot register for the Symposium anonymously or under a pseudonym.
§ 4. Technical conditions for participation in the Symposium
- To participate in the Symposium, the following technical conditions must be met by the Participant’s computer or other device:
- Internet access,
- the latest version of the web browser with cookies and Java Script enabled
- program for reading files in PDF format
- having an active e-mail address,
- The Organizer is not responsible for problems with the quality of transmission resulting from the connection speed of the Participants and other factors beyond the Organizer’s control.
§ 5. Withdrawal from the contract
- A User who is a Consumer, as well as an Entrepreneur-Consumer, has the right to withdraw from a distance contract concluded with the Organizer or one concluded outside the business premises, without giving any reason, within 14 days from the date of conclusion of the contract. The right referred to in the preceding sentence shall not be granted to the User who is a Consumer, and also to the Entrepreneur-Consumer, if the Organizer has provided the service in full with the express consent of the User who is a Consumer or Entrepreneur-Consumer, who was informed before the service begins that after the service has been provided loses the right to withdraw from the contract by the Organizer .
- In order to withdraw from the contract, the Consumer, as well as the Entrepreneur – Consumer must inform the Organizer about his decision to withdraw from the contract by an unequivocal statement – for example by a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail. The declaration of withdrawal from the contract may be submitted on the form, a specimen of which is attached as Annex 1 to the Regulations. The use of the form is optional.
- In order to meet the deadline to withdraw from the contract, it is enough for the Consumer or the Entrepreneur – Consumer to send the Organizer information regarding the exercise of the consumer’s right to withdraw from the contract before the deadline to withdraw from the contract.
- If the right of withdrawal is exercised, the contract is considered void.
§ 6. Electronic services
- The Organizer provides, on the terms and conditions described in the Regulations, the following free Electronic Services:
- Contact form;
- User’s account;
- Electronic services referred to in § 6 para. 1, are provided, as a rule, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The contact form allows the User to send messages to the Organizer. The use of the Contact Form is one-off and ends when the message is sent to the Organizer. The User may terminate the use of the Contact Form at any time by ceasing to use this function or by ceasing to use the Portal.
- The User Account enables the use of a dedicated panel provided by the Organizer via the Portal, enabling participation in the Symposium.
- In order to create a User Account, the User registers free of charge. Registration takes place through:
- completing the registration form by the User, including providing all the data indicated in the form as mandatory;
- sending the completed registration form by pressing the button “REGISTER”, ending the registration process.
- After sending the completed registration form, information about the registration confirmation will be sent to the e- mail address provided during registration.
- Upon receipt of the confirmation, an agreement (for an indefinite period) for the provision of the Electronic Service, User Account, is concluded.
- The User may at any time make changes to the data indicated during registration by editing them after logging into the User Account.
- The User may terminate the use of the User Account Electronic Service at any time by logging out or closing the Portal in his browser. Removal of the User Account may be made by sending an e-mail (to the address: email@example.com ) or a written request to the address of the Organizer. If the request is sent in writing or by e-mail – the User Account is deleted within 14 days from the date of the request. Deleting a User Account causes irreversible deletion of all data collected by the User on the account in question. The User may remove the User Account on their own using the functionalities available on the Platform.
- The newsletter enables the User to receive information about the Organiser’s products, services and events. To use the Newsletter Electronic Service, the User provides an active e-mail address for this purpose and agrees to the sending of commercial information by the Organizer to the e-mail address provided. Then, the User confirms the subscription to the Newsletter by clicking on the activation link sent to the indicated e-mail address. The User may resign from using the Newsletter at any time by clicking the link in each of the information sent to him as part of the Newsletter. The Organizer may terminate the contract for the provision of the Newsletter Electronic Service with a 14- day notice period, by sending a statement to the e-mail address provided by the User during registration.
- The Organizer has the right to terminate the contract for the provision of Electronic Services, including the right to delete the User Account with immediate effect in the following cases:
- breach by the User of essential provisions of the Regulations,
- posting by the User of content inconsistent with applicable law,
- using the Electronic Service by the User contrary to its intended purpose,
- the User deletes the e-mail address that was used to set up the User Account and does not provide a new active e-mail address belonging to the User,
- the Organizer receiving repeated messages about the User’s e-mail overflow, which prevents further provision of Electronic Services.
- The Organizer reserves the right to refuse to provide Electronic Services to the User, including the deletion of his User Account, if it was created again after deleting the User Account as a result of violating the Regulations.
§ 7. The complaint procedure
- Complaints, comments, objections and questions related to the operation and functioning of the Portal, including Electronic Services, should be sent in writing to the Organiser’s seat , by phone at +48 (12) 357 76 34. Or by e-mail to the following address: sekretariat @ ceestahc.org .
- The complaint should indicate the description of the problem which is the basis for submitting the complaint and the User’s data (including name and surname, postal address, e-mail address). Complaints that do not contain data enabling the User’s identification may not be considered or considered by the Organizer.
- The Organizer is entitled to contact the User who sent the comments or complaints, and the User who has such comments or complaints, to the extent necessary to determine the legitimacy of the comments or complaints and initiate possible explanatory proceedings.
- The complaint will be considered within 14 days from the date of its receipt by the Organizer.
- The Organizer will notify the User submitting the complaint about the consideration of the complaint to the e-mail address provided in the application.
§ 8. Out-of-court ways of dealing with complaints and redress
- The consumer has the option of using extrajudicial means of dealing with complaints and redress. Among other things, the consumer has the option to:
- to apply to a permanent amicable consumer court with a request to resolve a dispute arising from the concluded contract,
- the Consumer uses mediation; lists of permanent mediators and existing mediation centers are submitted and made available by the Presidents of the competent regional courts in Poland;
- use the help of a poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsman or a social organization whose statutory tasks include consumer protection.
- Detailed information on out-of-court complaint and redress procedures can be found by the Consumer on the website of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection: http://www.uokik.gov.pl .
- The list of institutions dealing with out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes in Poland, kept by the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, is available at: https://www.uokik.gov.pl/rerezent_podmiot_uprawniany.php
- In the event of a negative consideration of the complaint, the Organizer expresses the will to use the out – of -court consumer dispute resolution system. The entity competent to resolve the above-mentioned disputes for the Organizer is the Trade Inspection – Małopolska Provincial Inspector of the Trade Inspection in Krakow: www.krakow.wiih.gov.pl .
- In order to resolve the dispute with the Organizer, the Consumer may also use the ODR ( Online Dispute Resolution ) platform , available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr . The platform is used to settle disputes between consumers and entrepreneurs seeking out-of-court settlement of a dispute regarding contractual obligations arising from an online sales contract or a contract for the provision of services.
§ 9. Provisions relating to Entrepreneurs
- The provisions of this paragraph do not apply to Consumers. The provisions of this section apply to Consumer Entrepreneurs, unless expressly indicated otherwise.
- The Entrepreneur (with the exception of the Entrepreneur – Consumer) is not entitled to exercise the right to withdraw from the contract referred to in § 5 of the Regulations.
- The Organizer has the right to withdraw from the contract concluded with the Entrepreneur within 14 days from the date of its conclusion, without giving any reason. The Organizer is not liable for damages to the Entrepreneur for non-performance of the obligation, except for the circumstances referred to in art. 473 § 2 of the Civil Code.
- The Organizer is not liable to the Entrepreneur for lost profits.
- Any disputes arising between the Organizer and the Entrepreneur shall be settled by the court having jurisdiction over the Organiser’s seat .
§ 10. Operation of the Portal
- The Organizer will make every effort to ensure that the Portal functions continuously. The Organizer reserves, however, that technical breaks may occur in the functioning of the Portal . The Organizer is not obliged to inform about planned breaks in the functioning of the Portal.
- The Organizer may suspend the operation or block access to the Portal or some of its functions, in particular due to maintenance, equipment replacement, Portal modification and for reasons beyond the Organizer’s control.
- In the event of violating the rules of using the Portal specified in the Regulations or in applicable law, including breaking the Portal’s security by the User, posting illegal, offensive or deprecating content on the Portal, after the Organizer receives reliable information about the violation of the Regulations or with the generally applicable provisions of law, the use of the Portal or the unlawful nature of the content provided by the User, the Organizer will immediately prevent access to such data and block access to the Portal and the Electronic Services provided through it to such a User, and will also delete this content.
§ 11. Rights and obligations of the User
- Each User is obliged to comply with the prohibition of providing illegal content, under pain of liability provided for by law. In particular, the User is prohibited from:
- use the Portal or Platform to create, store or transmit materials that incite aggression, destruction of property and acts prohibited by law or that may result in criminal or civil liability;
- use the Portal or Platform to harm minors or seek to harm them;
- use the Portal or Platform to create, store or transmit materials the purpose of which would be to harass other Users;
- use the Portal or Platform to post false, misleading or deceptive offers to sell or buy products, items or services, to encourage others to submit “chains” and to encourage them to join groups based on a pyramid scheme, etc .;
- use the Portal or Platform, without the Organiser’s written consent (under pain of nullity), for the purpose of creating, storing or transmitting advertising materials, including, in particular, direct and indirect advertising of products and services, and for hidden commercial purposes;
- use the Portal or Platform to obtain illegal access to other Users’ data and attempt to break the security measures protecting data, software, computer hardware or third party electronic communication system, as well as the telecommunications network;
- use the Portal or Platform to collect personal data about third parties without their knowledge and consent, including taking actions consisting in collecting data from a computer screen ( screenscraping ) and collecting information from databases ( databasescraping ) or other activities, whose purpose is to obtain a list of Users or other data;
- use the Portal or Platform for any activities that would result in the loss or limitation of the use of the Portal or the Internet as such for other Users, including any practices related to hacking activities;
- using the information and materials posted on the Portal or Platform in a manner contrary to the law, decency, violating the interests of third parties or the interests of the Organizer;
- use the Portal or Platform in a way that overloads the link;
- using the Portal or Platform in a way that violates the interests of the Organizer;
- use of programs that automatically download the content of the Portal or Platform without the Organiser’s consent expressed in writing or in a documentary (e-mail) form, otherwise null and void;
- posting on other websites and using in any form information and materials posted on the Portal or Platform, without the Organiser’s consent expressed in writing or documentary (e-mail), otherwise null and void.
- The User is not entitled to:
- disseminating, distributing and marketing the content posted on the Portal and the Platform (in whole or in part),
- interfering with the content of the Portal or Platform,
- remove the Organizer’s markings and technical security measures in the Portal or Platform,
- providing other persons with data enabling logging in to the User Account, except when it is done under the permitted personal use.
- Using the Portal or Platform involves the use of the publicly available Internet, which may result in the risk of obtaining and modifying Users’ data by unauthorized persons. Therefore, in order to minimize the risks associated with the use of the public Internet, Users should use technical measures protecting against threats, in particular use anti-virus software.
- If Users come across inaccurate, erroneous, offensive, illegal or otherwise undesirable content, the Organizer asks for a notification to be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
§ 12. Intellectual Property Rights
- The Organizer informs that the materials and content presented during the Symposium as well as the materials and content published on the Portal are works within the meaning of the Act of February 4, 1994 on copyright and related rights, to which the copyright is vested in the Organizer (or other entities entitled to them) . Further dissemination of the content and materials referred to in this section by the User without the consent of the Organizer constitutes a violation of copyright.
- The User has the right to download and print the entire content of the Portal or its fragments, provided that they are used only for their own purposes (permitted personal use), provided that it does not infringe the copyright, related rights and industrial property rights of the Organizer (or other authorized entities).
- No part of the Portal or the information or materials contained therein may be copied in whole or in part for commercial purposes (including for purposes related to the activities carried out by the User), electronically transmitted or otherwise modified, linked or reproduced on any fields of use or otherwise used without the prior consent of the Organizer or another authorized entity expressed in writing under pain of nullity.
- No part of the materials or content presented during the Symposium may be copied in whole or in part for commercial purposes (including for purposes related to the activities carried out by the Participant), transmitted electronically or otherwise modified, linked, reproduced in any field of use or otherwise used without the prior consent of the Organizer or another authorized entity, expressed in writing under pain of nullity.
- Any breach of intellectual property rights by the User gives rise to liability under applicable law.
§ 13. Personal data and cookies
§ 14. Final provisions
- The content of these Regulations may be recorded by the User by saving it on a carrier, downloading it at any time in a PDF file or by printing it.
- The organizer is entitled to change the Regulations at any time. The changes are effective “for the future”, 14 days after the publication of the amended version of the Regulations on the Portal. For users who use the Electronic Service User Account or Newsletter, the Organizer shall send to the e-mail address provided by them information about the planned changes, along with a link to the text of the amended Regulations , 14 days before the effective date of the amendments to the Regulations. The contract for the sale of the PREMIUM Package concluded before the entry into force of the amendments to the Regulations will be implemented on the basis of the provisions of the Regulations in force on the date of conclusion of the contract. The user who does not accept the new content of the Regulations undertakes not to use the Portal and inform the Organizer about it . In this case, the contracts for the provision of electronic services to that User are terminated with immediate effect. Using the Portal by the User after introducing changes or modifications to the Regulations is tantamount to accepting the changed Regulations.
- In matters not covered by the Regulations, including disputes arising in connection with contracts concluded on its basis, the applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply.
- If the provisions that cannot be excluded by agreement, under the law in force in the Member State of the European Union of the consumer’s habitual residence, are more favorable for the Consumer than the provisions of these Regulations, then these provisions shall apply to contracts concluded on the basis of these Regulations, in to the extent that they grant the consumer more favorable protection. In the remaining scope, the provisions of the Regulations apply.
- These Regulations are valid from September 20, 2021.
1. Form of withdrawal from the contract
TEMPLATE FORM OF WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
(this form should be completed and returned only if the Consumer or the Entrepreneur-Consumer wishes to withdraw from the contract )
………………………………, on ………………… ..year
(first name and last name)
Central And Eastern European Association
Society Of Technology Assessment In Health Care
ul. Starowiślna 17/3, 31-038 Krakow
DECLARATION OF WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
I, the undersigned …………………………………………………, hereby inform about my withdrawal from the contract for the provision of the following service
……………………………………………………………………………………………, concluded on …………………………… ………
Reason for withdrawal: …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………. *)
*) indication of the reasons for withdrawal is optional
**) if the form is sent in a paper version